Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, December 13, 2010

Greatest Christmas Ever...

On Saturday, December 11, 2010 we had our Christmas (my children and their families, plus David and my parents).  This year we decided instead of giving "material gifts" we would write letters of gratitude to each other and let me tell you... it was amazing!  The letters meant more to me than any store bought gift - they are priceless to me and I will "treasure" my letters forever.  They are from the heart and tell the person why they appreciate them. 

I also got out the boxes of pictures and all the kids went through them with their spouse and picked out the pictures they wanted to keep.  It was so much fun to sit back and watch them go through the pictures, my heart was full.  Memories, we have so many cherish memories together and I am so grateful for each of them.

My children have brought so much joy, happiness and love into my life; I have been blessed beyond measure.  What an honor it has been for me to be their mother.

I like our new traditions.... reading the Christmas story found in Luke 2 and the gift from the "heart".  We need to start thinking now what we can do next year....maybe a service for someone else.... I know we'll come up with something great!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment