Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful for.... My Friends

I have been blessed with wonderful friendships through the years.  They say some friends come into our life for a season and I have been blessed with many of those friends, but I also have friendship, which have lasted through the ages.  My earliest childhood friend I remember is Cindy Durham, we had classed together in elementary school and we lived in the same neighborhood.  After moving from Kokomo, we remained friends and spent a week or two during the summer at each other homes.  As we got older we drifted a part, but she asked me to be her bridesmaid in her wedding during our early 20's.  We lost touch with each other until about a year ago, when we found each other again on "Facebook".  We have spent time reconnecting and I am so thankful for her and her friendship.  She is a "forever" friend.

The next oldest friend I can remember is Lodema.  She was my first friend after moving to Indianapolis and we became instant friends and have remained friends through all seasons of our lives.  We have gone through school, marriages, children, divorces, re-marriages, divorces, and re-marriages again.  Lodema and I have lived together with our children and have eaten nothing but macaroni and cheese because we had no money to buy anything else.  We have worked together and played together and through it all, we can still sit back and laugh until we cry with the memories of "those" times.  She is a "forever" friend.

Lodema and Me

I have many other friends who have shaped my life and who have been such a strong support for me through many stages of my life.  Some friends have drifted away, but some are still around and only a phone call a way.  I have had school friends, church friends, neighborhood friends, college friends, work friends, friends I have met while traveling with a military husband, and I have been so blessed.  They have been there when I was lonely, sad, happy, tired, ready to give up, homesick, or just needed a hug and a positive word of praise.

I hope everyone is as richly blessed....

1 comment:

  1. Guess what, Mommy! YOU were my FIRST friend! I love you very much and I feel blessed to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete