Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful for....... Our Veterans

I am so thankful for all Military personnel.  Being a part of the military life for 10 years helped me to have a deep appreciation for our service members as well as the freedoms we enjoy.  When attending a movie on a post (Army) or base (Air Force) the national anthem was played at the beginning of the movie.  Everyone in the theatre would stand while the Anthem was being played.  I was never able to get through the whole song without tearing up and having a lump in my throat.  Matter-of-fact, I still cannot stand through the entire anthem without having a lump.  I was very proud to be a member of the military family. 

A HS friend posted the following on her website and I thought it was very appropriate for Veterans Day:

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life. That is beyond honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.

My father is a Veteran of World War II.  There aren't many survivors of World War II left.  I am very proud of him and his service to our country.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY

1 comment: